Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's Been Awhile...



So before yesterday, i hadn't posted anything in a really long time. Basically I've been really busy with music, work, and of course school. I've also been stressed out and not in the best state of mind to blog. Now that I have some heat off my chest, I decided to write about some of the things that went on in the last couple of weeks. First off, my brother moved to another residence, in which I was helping him with all his stuff. It wasn't very fun and is not something i consider leisure. It was a lot of physical labor and I'm not getting paid for it. Although I did not consider it leisure, I was still intrinsically and extrinsically motivated to do so. Another exciting event for me was about a week and a half a go when I went to a high class labanese restaraunt to clebrate my cousins engagement. By coincidence, one of my favorite rappers, Belly, was there eating with his whole crew. For me, it was quite a shock, because he is one of my biggest influences and after networking with..I finally got to meet him. Some say thatboth our styles are very similar and that he would probably be impressed if he heard my stuff. Sure enough, I had a cd of mine in my car so I passed to him, in which he brought me to his big cadillac escalade and out my cd in his deck. I was nervous to hear his feedback, but once i saw him bopping his head, I felt really good. He then told me that he thought I was really good and that I could get an opening act for him when he performs in Montreal. Belly is an artist from Ottawa and he happens to have a lot of friends from Montreal, some which I know. I never had the pleasure to meet him before, but when I finally did he was very respectful which made me really happy. I also managed to get a couple pictures with him and the other day I managed to get a spot on his record labels mixtape, which was just an opportunity for upcoming artists to get there name out there. In fact, I got two songs on the cd, which will feature other big artists such as Jim Jones, Juelz Santana, Bun B, Belly himself, Yung Joc, as well as some other candian artists who got the same treatment as myself. Above are some pics of me and belly and his boys. and below is a video of one of his hit songs in case your not familiar with Belly..there some crazy cameos too!! check it out

No comments:

It's Been Awhile...



So before yesterday, i hadn't posted anything in a really long time. Basically I've been really busy with music, work, and of course school. I've also been stressed out and not in the best state of mind to blog. Now that I have some heat off my chest, I decided to write about some of the things that went on in the last couple of weeks. First off, my brother moved to another residence, in which I was helping him with all his stuff. It wasn't very fun and is not something i consider leisure. It was a lot of physical labor and I'm not getting paid for it. Although I did not consider it leisure, I was still intrinsically and extrinsically motivated to do so. Another exciting event for me was about a week and a half a go when I went to a high class labanese restaraunt to clebrate my cousins engagement. By coincidence, one of my favorite rappers, Belly, was there eating with his whole crew. For me, it was quite a shock, because he is one of my biggest influences and after networking with..I finally got to meet him. Some say thatboth our styles are very similar and that he would probably be impressed if he heard my stuff. Sure enough, I had a cd of mine in my car so I passed to him, in which he brought me to his big cadillac escalade and out my cd in his deck. I was nervous to hear his feedback, but once i saw him bopping his head, I felt really good. He then told me that he thought I was really good and that I could get an opening act for him when he performs in Montreal. Belly is an artist from Ottawa and he happens to have a lot of friends from Montreal, some which I know. I never had the pleasure to meet him before, but when I finally did he was very respectful which made me really happy. I also managed to get a couple pictures with him and the other day I managed to get a spot on his record labels mixtape, which was just an opportunity for upcoming artists to get there name out there. In fact, I got two songs on the cd, which will feature other big artists such as Jim Jones, Juelz Santana, Bun B, Belly himself, Yung Joc, as well as some other candian artists who got the same treatment as myself. Above are some pics of me and belly and his boys. and below is a video of one of his hit songs in case your not familiar with Belly..there some crazy cameos too!! check it out