Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Mother Of All Shows

A couple of days after the flipmode concert, my friend who owns www.hithiphop.com said he was networking with one of the biggest tour managers in the music buisness. My friend explained that he wanted to book an artist to do a show in Montreal for the month of December. The tour manager named him a list of artists that were available. Obviously, it would cost a lot of money and also to rent out the venue on an opening night for both the venue and the artist. After having a meeeting with a financial backer, we agreed to book an artist that would be seen as an investment..one that could sellout and bring lots of profit. Coincidently, the tour manager said he had Busta Rhymes available, who is known to be the greatest LIVE performer in the rap industry. The price for Busta was more expensive than any of other artists that were named, but he is also the most likely to sellout, so we saw opportunity. After talking to lawyers and going over the contracts we confirmed to book Busta Rhymes for December 9th at Metropolis. It will be presented by hithiphop.com, and more importantly, I will be one his opening acts. For me, this is so overwhelming and I'm so nervous for one of the biggest hip hop showcases that Montreal can ever witness. After hearing the good news, I decided to call Spliff Star (Busta's right hand man)to explain to him about the upcoming show, in which he told me he would be there with Busta. I consider that to be one of the best days of my life and based on this statement, it is fair to say that I did something extremely leisurely.

No comments:

The Mother Of All Shows

A couple of days after the flipmode concert, my friend who owns www.hithiphop.com said he was networking with one of the biggest tour managers in the music buisness. My friend explained that he wanted to book an artist to do a show in Montreal for the month of December. The tour manager named him a list of artists that were available. Obviously, it would cost a lot of money and also to rent out the venue on an opening night for both the venue and the artist. After having a meeeting with a financial backer, we agreed to book an artist that would be seen as an investment..one that could sellout and bring lots of profit. Coincidently, the tour manager said he had Busta Rhymes available, who is known to be the greatest LIVE performer in the rap industry. The price for Busta was more expensive than any of other artists that were named, but he is also the most likely to sellout, so we saw opportunity. After talking to lawyers and going over the contracts we confirmed to book Busta Rhymes for December 9th at Metropolis. It will be presented by hithiphop.com, and more importantly, I will be one his opening acts. For me, this is so overwhelming and I'm so nervous for one of the biggest hip hop showcases that Montreal can ever witness. After hearing the good news, I decided to call Spliff Star (Busta's right hand man)to explain to him about the upcoming show, in which he told me he would be there with Busta. I consider that to be one of the best days of my life and based on this statement, it is fair to say that I did something extremely leisurely.