Tuesday, December 2, 2008
My Birthday
My birthday was November 8, which I realize was a while ago, but I never took the opportunity to write about it until now. My birthday took place on a saturday night. I wanted to go clubbing with some friends so I rented two limos and found a bunch of friends to fill them up with. First, we all met up at one of my friends house for cocktails and snacks and then we headed to the club around eleven. The bottles were going, the music was bumbing, the ladies were dancing, and everyone had a good time. The funny thing is that I spend most of my birthday trying to please everybody else. Even though I was doing something that was leisurely, I had to make sure others arround me were experiencing leisure as well. For example, I called the limo company, I rounded up the people for the limos, I tipped the limo driver, and I actually spend my own money on booze so that we hada little extra fun. It costed me a total of 200$. Some might argue that this is way too much money for one night of leisure, but the money didnt matter when I saw all my close friends enjoying themselves. That was the real leisure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Birthday
My birthday was November 8, which I realize was a while ago, but I never took the opportunity to write about it until now. My birthday took place on a saturday night. I wanted to go clubbing with some friends so I rented two limos and found a bunch of friends to fill them up with. First, we all met up at one of my friends house for cocktails and snacks and then we headed to the club around eleven. The bottles were going, the music was bumbing, the ladies were dancing, and everyone had a good time. The funny thing is that I spend most of my birthday trying to please everybody else. Even though I was doing something that was leisurely, I had to make sure others arround me were experiencing leisure as well. For example, I called the limo company, I rounded up the people for the limos, I tipped the limo driver, and I actually spend my own money on booze so that we hada little extra fun. It costed me a total of 200$. Some might argue that this is way too much money for one night of leisure, but the money didnt matter when I saw all my close friends enjoying themselves. That was the real leisure.
No comments:
Post a Comment