Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Porfessor Henle's Class? I Knew I Was In For A Fun Class

So when I heard Steven Henle was teaching another leisure, I knew I had to sign up. Although I had the pleasure of being one of Mr. Henle's students, I had never taken AHSC 350 - Leisure Education. When I first saw "leisure education", I expected a class that was going to teach us about leisure, but more imprtantly engage us in leisure. For the most part I was right, but there was a lot of theory that applied to leisure. At first, I thought I was wrong, but as the semester progressed, I realized that the course was actually a lot of fun. It was not necessarily an easy one, but it was relevant and extremely educational. Considering I am a Leisure Sciences student, I thought I knew a lot about leisure, but this class made me understand leisure from a whole new perspective. In fact, it even helped me engage in leisure and then document it in my blog. I never actually recorded my leisure so when i look back, I realized that I do have a lot of fun and that leisure really is important to me. Leisure is one the healthiest and most important things for everyone. It brings the best out of people and it allows us to discover new and joyful things about ourselves that can educate others.

No comments:

Porfessor Henle's Class? I Knew I Was In For A Fun Class

So when I heard Steven Henle was teaching another leisure, I knew I had to sign up. Although I had the pleasure of being one of Mr. Henle's students, I had never taken AHSC 350 - Leisure Education. When I first saw "leisure education", I expected a class that was going to teach us about leisure, but more imprtantly engage us in leisure. For the most part I was right, but there was a lot of theory that applied to leisure. At first, I thought I was wrong, but as the semester progressed, I realized that the course was actually a lot of fun. It was not necessarily an easy one, but it was relevant and extremely educational. Considering I am a Leisure Sciences student, I thought I knew a lot about leisure, but this class made me understand leisure from a whole new perspective. In fact, it even helped me engage in leisure and then document it in my blog. I never actually recorded my leisure so when i look back, I realized that I do have a lot of fun and that leisure really is important to me. Leisure is one the healthiest and most important things for everyone. It brings the best out of people and it allows us to discover new and joyful things about ourselves that can educate others.